Why I Love And Hate Christmas | Blogmas Day 11


Happy Blogmas Day 11!

For Blogmas last year, a lot of my posts were spontaneous and they just ended up being rambles that I hadn't thought too much about before writing. However, for the posts so far this month, they've all been properly planned out.

So I thought that it would be nice to have a post that is just me writing whatever's in my mind down. And I thought that the best way to do this would be to talk about what I love and hate about Christmas.

I think the thing I love the most about Christmas is the whole festive period that begins on December 1st. The whole world seems to slow down, take a breath, and relax a bit. Even though most people are still working up to and over Christmas, the atmosphere of people in general tends to be calmer. Until we get to the week of Christmas, and then all hell breaks loose as everyone scrambles to get everything done in time for the 'big day'.

And this leads to something I hate about Christmas. The 'big day'.

It annoys me that Christmas boils down to that one day. Like, I get that for religious reasons December 25th is the special day, but other than that, I don't like it. I don't like the pressure that people feel under to make everything perfect for this one day, and I hate the way it feels when that day is over. It's like, we spent the whole of December working towards something... what now?

If I could just have the period before and after Christmas, and pretend that Christmas day itself is just another day in the lead-up, I think I'd love it.

Because I love the festive period. I love when the only thing on TV is Christmas movies, or Christmas music videos, when it feels like you can't escape from it. I guess this might be something that a lot of people hate about the Christmas period, but I love it. Christmas movies in general are something that I love, and I don't know if that's because I love them in general, or because of the fact that I always watch them when I'm feeling festive anyway.

And then, on to something that I love and hate. Gift giving.

I love the idea of thinking up something special for someone, wrapping it up with the anticipation that they'll like it, and then knowing that they're doing the exact same thing for you.

But the realities of gift giving are worse than that for me. For a start, actually thinking of and buying the gift. Thinking of gifts for people who have no idea what they want is really hard, especially if you're not completely sure if they're gonna like it or not. And even if you think of the perfect gift, you have to go through the process of buying it, which if you wait too long, becomes the most stressful thing in the world!

Those are just some of my thoughts - what do you love and hate about Christmas?

It's 14 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 12!

Comments

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Relatable Resting Bitch Face Problems! - Okay Christina | Guest Week