Letter To Winter | Blogmas Day 5


Happy Blogmas Day 5!

Dear Winter,

This is the 5th year in a row, and it falls on Blogmas Day 5. That must mean something, maybe this is the 'Letter To Winter' that's supposed to be the most special, or magical?

Either way, this one feels completely different to last year. I'm not freezing cold, I'm not shivering, my teeth aren't chattering, I'm not relying on the warmth of my laptop to stop me from getting too cold.

And yet, it still feels Christmassy.

That could be because I've been watching as many Christmas movies as possible, or maybe because I've written a whole load of Blogmas posts today, but there is definitely something magical in the air. A slight chill that reminds people exactly where and when we are.

20 days away from Christmas.

A little bit more than that and we're gonna be in 2019, and that's so freaky. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this year has gone by ridiculously fast.

I can't believe we're about to leave 2018 in the rear-view mirror and look ahead to whatever the next year holds for us.

A lot of people can't wait for a new year, a new invention, a new chance to start again. I for one though, always miss the previous year when it goes. I miss everything that I've done that year, I miss everything that I never got to do, I miss the person that I was a year ago. I have no idea who I'll be this time next year.

But, winter is always my favourite time of year, and a new year means less winter, less chance of snow and another Christmas gone.

So I'm going to savour this one, because once this time goes, we have to wait 365 days to get it back.

Another year, another letter to winter in which I profess my love for the season without actually saying much of anything, but I wouldn't miss it for the world!

It's 20 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 6!

Comments

Popular Posts

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion