3 Month Favourites | April - June 2024

It always feels too soon when another Favourites post comes around, but I really can't believe it's the end of June already!

Favourite Movie (1): Sting

I reviewed this film HERE and it is undoubtedly my favourite film of the last three months! It's exactly what I wanted it to be, I loved it and I can't wait to rewatch it again!

Favourite Movie (2): IF


This was my biggest surprise of the last three months. I paid no attention to this because I didn't think I'd like it, and then I ended up absolutely loving it! I'll be uploading a review at some point, but it's definitely one for both kids and adults.

Favourite Movie (3): The Royal Hotel


This is another review that I'll be uploading eventually, but I really really enjoyed this movie. It wasn't really what I was expecting, and I can understand why some may not like it, but it had a lot of tension and was overall a great watch for me.

Favourite Movie (4): The Dark Knight Trilogy


These obviously aren't new movies, but I watched them for the first time (for my 100 Movie Bucket List) and loved them so much that I had to include them here. It was my first time watching a solo Batman movie and I completely fell in love with the character! Also, Christian Bale was incredible in the role!

Favourite TV Show (1): Baby Reindeer

I reviewed this show HERE, and I'm pretty sure you've heard of it and know exactly what it's about, so I won't go on about it here. But I did really like the show!

Favourite Show (2): Sherlock


When I was going through Andrew Scott's filmography following All of Us Strangers, I came across Sherlock. Of course, I'd heard of it, but I'd never really been interested in it. But when I started watching it, I absolutely fell in love with it and wished I had seen it sooner! Though actually, I'm glad I didn't have to wait years for the seasons to come out! 

Favourite TV Show (3): Chucky


This is my most recent favourite. I had been meaning to start the show for a while but only got around to it in the last couple of days and have been steadily binging it since. I fell in love with the first episode and from then haven't been able to stop watching. Also, being a long-time fan of the Child's Play movies, and being able to recognise previous stories and characters (and actors) has been so much fun! If you're a fan of the movies, definitely check out the show!

Favourite Song: Les Mis Soundtrack


I rewatched the movie a few weeks ago and fell in love with the songs all over again, which happens every time I watch the movie so it wasn't a surprise! This time around I can't get enough of 'I Dreamed A Dream', 'The Confrontation' and 'Stars' so check those out! Especially The Confrontation!

Favourite YouTuber: Chandler Ainsley

I've only really been watching BookTubers lately, so it's always nice when BookTubers begin vlogging. I've been loving Chandler's vlogs as well as her book videos, and I've probably been watching her more than anyone else in the last few months.

Favourite Actor: Christian Bale

I've been completely late to the 'Christian Bale is one of the best actors in the world' train but I'm fully on board now because it's so true! This came directly from watching The Prestige and the Dark Knight trilogy, and then delving into some of his other movies (such as The Fighter, Out of the Furnace and Amsterdam) and I'm now a really big fan!

Favourite Book (1): Clown in a Cornfield

I reviewed this book HERE and made no secret of my love for it. I've since found out that there's going to be a movie and I cannot wait to see that! I'm not sure of the release date but I'm keeping an eye out! In the meantime, I have two sequels to read - probably next year at this point!

Favourite Book (2): I'm Glad My Mom Died


I don't really review biographies or autobiographies, so I won't be reviewing this one, but what a book! Not only is the story so insane, so heart-breaking, so powerful, but it was told in such an interesting way. McCurdy is a great writer and I have no idea of her plans, but I hope she continues writing because I'd love to read more of her books!

And those are my April-June favourites! What are yours?



Comments

Popular Posts

A Quiet Place: Day One | Film Review

A Family Affair | Film Review

Citizen Kane | 100 Movies Bucket List

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial | 100 Movie Bucket List

Girl Talk: Affordable Back-To-School Outfits