Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver | Film Review

 
A group of rebels helps a colony fight against a tyrannical ruling force.

I reviewed the first 'Rebel Moon' film HERE, and enjoyed it. I thought it was really fun, and I was looking forward to seeing the second. And although the reviews for the sequel have been awful, I still wanted to see it (although maybe a bit less).

Compared to the first film, this one isn't great. And as a standalone film, it's really not good.

For a start, the story is a lot less interesting than the first one.

Not only was it not interesting, it was weird. The first film didn't try too hard to make us care about and understand the secondary characters, so I have no idea why they tried so hard to make us care this time around. It was too late.

Both of the films could have been one 2.5 hour movie, and probably would have been a lot more coherent. In fact, I kind of feel like this second instalment added nothing to the first story and didn't really need to exist.

The scenes where the characters all share their histories in flashbacks is weird and slows everything down. An hour into the film and it felt like absolutely nothing had happened.

Ultimately I didn't care about anything that happened, and spent most of the time watching this being bored.

Overall, this isn't a film I'd recommend. And if there's another one, I probably won't be tuning in.

3.5/10



Comments

Popular Posts

A Quiet Place: Day One | Film Review

A Family Affair | Film Review

Citizen Kane | 100 Movies Bucket List

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial | 100 Movie Bucket List

Girl Talk: Affordable Back-To-School Outfits