This is Spinal Tap | 100 Movies Bucket List

This was a first-time watch.

I think I'd heard of it once or twice when people talk about great parodies, but I had no idea what it was about.

This one wasn't for me. I've watched a few movies for the Bucket List that I didn't really like, or that I feel like I need to watch again, but this one is the first that I think just isn't for me at all.

It's lauded as one of the funniest rock movies, and funniest parodies of all time, and I just didn't get it. I didn't find it particularly funny, and even the parts that were entertaining, I wasn't particularly interested in.

I thought the acting was great - especially knowing that the dialogue was largely improvised. 

But other than that, I honestly felt a bit bored. I never felt interested or invested in the characters individually or their band as a whole. And because that interest never came, there wasn't anything in the film that I really cared about.

I'm glad I've seen it, especially knowing the cult following it has and how popular it is, but overall it just wasn't for me.

Comments

Popular Posts

A Quiet Place: Day One | Film Review

A Family Affair | Film Review

Citizen Kane | 100 Movies Bucket List

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial | 100 Movie Bucket List

Girl Talk: Affordable Back-To-School Outfits