Rosemary's Baby | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

This was a second time watch, which feels weird considering how much of a horror fan I am. I definitely should have seen this a lot sooner!

I liked this film, though I must say I liked it a lot more the first time around.

It opened a lot of doors for the horror world, and was a great exploration into themes of religion, paranoia, oppression and, of course, satanism, which is wild for a film made in the 60s. 

My only issue with the film was that, and this is probably because I'm watching it from the lens of 2024, where films have action or drama or horror in every other scene, but it felt like nothing really happened for a while. 

And that didn't take away the enjoyment of it, but it wasn't as scary as you would probably want it to be.

But in saying that, I'm always happy when there's a horror movie on the Bucket List, and this is probably the most popular classic horror outside of Hitchcock, so it definitely deserves it's place on the list!




Comments

Popular Posts

A Quiet Place: Day One | Film Review

A Family Affair | Film Review

Citizen Kane | 100 Movies Bucket List

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial | 100 Movie Bucket List

Girl Talk: Affordable Back-To-School Outfits