Saving Private Ryan | 100 Movies Bucket List


This was a first-time watch. And one I can't imagine watching if it hadn't been on the Bucket List.

Which is crazy, considering how good it is! I had no idea I would like it as much as I did!

For a start, war isn't my genre of choice, so whenever I'm watching a war film I always go in a bit apprehensive, and a lot of the time my apprehension is right because I don't like the film as much as I want to.

But this time was the complete opposite! I loved the story, the characters, everything!

I didn't really know what the film was about before seeing it, as I'd never paid much attention to it, but the premise really grabbed me. There was so much going on, so many themes being explored.

Also, having not been a Tom Hanks fan before starting the Bucket List, I'm slowly but surely being converted. Between this and The Green Mile, I've loved his performances!

But in saying that, all of the performances were great. And I had no idea how many recognisable faces there would be.

So, this film definitely deserves its place on the list, and I can't believe I hadn't seen it before!



Comments

Popular Posts

A Quiet Place: Day One | Film Review

A Family Affair | Film Review

Citizen Kane | 100 Movies Bucket List

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial | 100 Movie Bucket List

Girl Talk: Affordable Back-To-School Outfits