Book Haul | 2


Hey Guys x

I haven't done a book haul since June last year, which is crazy!

You can see my first one here!

About a month ago, I told my mum that I was going to go shopping, and buy as many books as I could. I had been looking for an excuse to get some new books, so today, I went 'round WHSmiths and Waterstones and found some books that I really liked the sound of.

So of course, as with everything, I took pictures of the books that I bought so that I could show them to you.

Just to reiterate, these are all books that I bought today, so I haven't read any of them. If you have read any of the books, please let me know what you thought of them!

The Bed I Made - Lucie Whitehouse

 
This is one that my mum bought for me. It is about a girl called Kate who meets a guy called Richard in a bar. They begin a relationship, but 18 months later, Kate ends it. However, this leads to her fleeing London for the Isle Of White, and what started off as a nuisance, becomes something threatening.

This isn't the kind of book that I usually read, but I think it sounds really intriguing and I can't wait to read it!

The Wrong Knickers - Bryony Gordon


This is kind of like an autobiography. It includes anecdotes about failed relationships, sinking into debt and picking up a colleague at the STI clinic.

I think this book looks really funny, and I can't wait to read it. I don't read a lot of autobiographies, but this one looks great because it's not really about her life, it's about the things that she's learnt from making mistakes. And we're all going to make mistakes at some point!

Saving Grace - Jane Green

 
This book is about a woman called Grace Chapman, who is married and lives in New York. When her husband gets a new assistant, Beth comes into their lives. She soon makes herself part of the family, causing Grace to feel sidelined in her own home. Is Grace paranoid, or is there more to Beth than meets the eye?

I am a huge fan of Jane Green. The books of hers that I've read are amazing, and I honestly can't wait to read this!

His Other Life - Beth Thomas


Another book about a woman called Grace! However, this book is about a Grace whose husband Adam is amazing, so amazing that it seems too good to be true. So when he suddenly disappears, Grace is more than shocked. As she tries to find him, she uncovers his secrets, and wonders if she'll ever be able to survive the truth.

This book looks so interesting. The fact that she thought she had the perfect marriage, but then for him to disappear is such a great concept, and I really want to see the way that the author writes the story because it has the potential to be amazing! I can't wait to read it!

The Rosie Effect - Graeme Simsion

 
This is a book that I have seen many times but I've never actually picked it up. It's about a 41 man called Don Tillman who is unlucky in love, until he meets Rosie. The get married and everything is great. However, Rosie drops a bombshell, and Don must prepare for his biggest challenge ever.

The blurb of this book is quite vague, but I got it because I've seen it so often, and heard really good things about it! I'll review it when I finish it, whether I like it or not!

One Day - David Nicholls

This is a book that I should have bought YEARS ago, but I just never did. The book focuses on the lives of Emma and Dexter, and where they are on the same day over many years.

This book has so many great reviews that make me really excited. It's just my kind of love story and I can't wait to get stuck into it!

P.S. I Love You - Cecelia Ahern


Ok, this was a slight cheat, I've actually read some of this book before. It's about Holly and Gerry, who are childhood sweethearts. Which makes it all the more devastating when Gerry dies. However, dead doesn't always mean 'gone'. And Gerry is determined to still be there for Holly, in the form of some letters, so that he can prove to Holly that life really is worth living.

From the bit of the book that I've already read, this book is set to be amazing! And also, look how beautiful the cover is! How could I not buy this?

My True Love Gave To Me - Various Writers




Can I just start by saying: this book had freaking pink pages!!! How could I not buy it??
This is a book of twelve winter romances, but none have a specific blurb that I can see, but it's completely my kind of book. I mean, winter romances!! What else do you need??

I am so excited to read all of these books!

Thank you for reading

Comment below what the last book you bought was!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Cool! I will totally check them out, I'm thinking of buying p.s I love you
    Peace xo
    twitter: @peacefirestone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the film One Day! Let me know what you think of the books, I need to get back into reading! Abi :)
    http://www. myw0rldmyview.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read Love Rosie? Also known as Where Rainbows End. Seriously it is amazing, some slight swearing but I'm sure they all have haha. But really it's amazing.

    P.S the book of one day is tons better than the film xoxo
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  4. "My True Love Gave To Me" looks like it'll be amazing!! I want to read it now :D I can't wait for a review!

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll review it as soon as I finish it xx

      Delete
  5. This is such a great haul! I've been looking for some new books to read and I need to check out all the ones in this list :)

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely check them out xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes