An Interview With Chloe!


Hey Guys x

Chloe, or Professional Daydreamer, was one of the first, if not the first blogger that I ever spoke to, and she's an amazing person!

Her blog is incredible and she's an amazing writer.

So who better to be my first interviewee than her?

But first of all, please go and check out Chloe's blog because it's amazing! Professionaldaydreamerx.Blogspot.co.uk

Also, if you guys like this, I'm thinking about making it a semi-regular thing, so leave a comment telling me which blogger you'd like me to interview next!

Or even better, if you want me to interview you, tell me and I'll contact you via email!

The Interview:


Why did you choose the url/blog name ‘professional daydreamer’?

I struggled to think of my name if I’m honest but then I realised that I spend half my time, living in my own little daydream. My mind has a habit of drifting off into a little daydream so because it happens so frequently, I thought I could class myself as a professional.  And voila! Professional Daydreamer was born. It might not be the most amazing blog title but I really love it.

What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog?

When I’m not writing blog posts I’m either at work or spending time reading, baking and spending time with my family. I just started a new job which is only part time; it’s nice to have a little money coming in to pay for my stationery and book obsessions. I always have a book nearby for when I want to escape into a new little world and get lost in a book. I spend a hell of a lot of time with my family, obviously I live with my parents and sister but I see my aunt, uncle and their kids a lot. I love that we are a very close family and it’s nice to be around people that understand my little quirks.

Do you struggle to come up with blogging ideas?

All the time. I will have days, even weeks where I struggle to think of blog ideas. I also have times where hundreds of ideas pop into my head, so luckily when I’m stuck for ideas I can just scroll through my drafts to see if I’m in the mood to write anything that I’ve drafted. I also look on other blogs for inspiration; I don’t copy their post unless they are tag post. I just look at the type of posts they’ve been writing and I normally get a few good ideas from that.

Are you hoping to become a full-time blogger?

If the opportunity was there then yes, I would love to be able to blog full time. I know people are quite sceptical around blogging as they think that bloggers are trying to get famous. I would never want to be famous, but if I had the opportunity to do what I love all day, every day then I would do it in a heartbeat.

What is your favourite post that you’ve written and why?

This is a hard one. I have a love hate relationship with my first few posts, in a way they are what got me into blogging but they are also really bad. I would have to pick my post “a magical day at Harry Potter studios”, it didn’t get that many views but I had so much fun that day. I loved writing about how magical it all felt and it’s so nice to re-read it and have that memory to look back on. Me and my sister want to go back there as they have added more parts to it and I really want to go in the Hogwarts express.

What bloggers do you look up to and why?

I really look up to Louise from Sprinkleofglitter. She was one of the first bloggers that I read religiously. I couldn’t wait until she posted on her blog. I just think that she is a very down to earth woman. I also love her writing style and the fact that she hasn’t let her popularity on YouTube get to her head, she has still kept to the women that started the blog and she always has her readers and viewers in mind. Carrie Hope Fletcher is also a blogger I love; her blog all I know now has been turned into a book that she wrote all herself. Again, I feel like Carrie is such a down to earth woman and her writing always leaves me wanting to read more.

What’s more important to you, followers, comments or views? Why?

Comments. Yeah it’s nice to have followers and views but you could have inactive followers. I love getting comments on my blog, not in a vein way but it makes me feel so loved. I know that someone has taken the time to read my posts and leave me a sweet little message. It’s also the thing that’s kept me blogging. That little bit of recognition from my readers has kept me blogging because I feel like I want to make them happy.

How did you develop your writing style?

I wouldn’t say I set out to develop my writing style, I think I just eased into it. My writing style is how I would talk if I were having a conversation with people. I like my writing to feel relaxed so that it feels like your just having a chat when reading. Obviously I haven’t got the most amazing writing style, my spelling and grammar are probably appalling (All I can say is thank god for spell check) but I think I’m just improving ever so slightly every time I write a post.

Are you genuinely happy with your blog or are there some things that you’d like to change?

I’m happy with my blog design; I looked around for months before deciding on my blog design. I would like to change up some of my posts. I know that I can be a bit repetitive with my blogs posts so I would like to add a bit more variety to the topics I write about I’m always looking for ways to improve my blog so even when I finally become happy with everything, I soon find something to make better.

How long do you spend on your blog each week?

I spend a fair amount of time writing blog posts. I try to keep my posts so they go up on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday but I might re think that soon. I spend a lot of time drafting ideas ad noting down things I think would be good to write about. I also thing that blogging means that you spend all your time doing it, even if you’re not writing you constantly look for things that you could write about and for me, my minds always thinking of different things I can do or ways  I can connect better with my viewers.

Where do you see your blog in the future?

I would like to see my blog making a difference, maybe in a big way but even if it’s just small then I’ll be happy. I just want people to like what I write and to engage with me to tell me what they want to see. Who knows? This blog could gain a few more followers and more lovely readers to the little community’s that all us bloggers have created online.
 
I hope you enjoyed my first interview!
 
Thank you for reading.
 
A big thank you to Chloe for being my first interviewee!
 
Comment below your answers to some of the questions!
 
Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Love this post, it's such a good idea :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this is such a good idea and a great way to showcase your favourite blogs!

    Esmee x
    ezzlepops.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this post :)

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed writing it! Thank you xx

      Delete
  4. Really great post, and for the first time as an interview. Lovely read. Take care, and hope this gradually continues. Better yet, hope it continues a lot. For such indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Relatable Resting Bitch Face Problems! - Okay Christina | Guest Week