Spoiler Alert | Film Review


Writer Michael Ausiello (Jim Parsons) tells the story of his relationship with his husband Kit Cowan (Ben Aldridge), including Kit being diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I can't remember when I first heard about this film, but it was always on my radar, so I was really glad when it finally came out on the Sky Premiere channel.

I loved this movie. It was really really beautiful.

For a start, this film includes what I think is the cutest first date I've ever seen! 

I took an instant liking to both of the main characters, as well as all of the supporting characters. Whether romantic, familial or platonic, all of the characters had great chemistry. And by extension, so did the actors, who all worked really well together.

The relationships between the characters were so sweet! That was probably the best thing about the film, just being able to watch the characters interact.

The main relationship felt really authentic, which I guess comes down to this being a true story. Nothing was sugar-coated and all of Michael and Kit's interactions felt like those of a real couple.

The only thing I didn't love about the film were the 'sitcom' scenes. While they were important for Michael's characterisation, they slowed down the plot and didn't always feel necessary.

But having said that, the story was beautifully told and extremely engaging.

It hit me harder than a lot of similarly-themed movies. I became so invested in these characters that I was left emotionally devastated by the end!

Overall, this is a beautiful, heart-breaking, thought-provoking movie that definitely deserves to be seen. 

8/10

Comments

Popular Posts

A Quiet Place: Day One | Film Review

A Family Affair | Film Review

Citizen Kane | 100 Movies Bucket List

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial | 100 Movie Bucket List

Girl Talk: Affordable Back-To-School Outfits