Amélie | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

Next up was a highly-anticipated first-time watch!

I have a weird history with this one. One of my favourite books in the world is 'Nobody's Girl' by Sarra Manning. In the book, the main character is obsessed with all things French, including the film Amélie.

So for years I had known about the film and was looking forward to watching it.

I was really happy to see it was on the Bucket List, and assumed that, because of how much I loved the character in 'Nobody's Girl', I'd love the film.

Unfortunately I didn't really love it.

I liked it, it was fine. There were some really sweet moments, and Amélie was a really interesting (if sometimes frustrating) character.

But it didn't connect with me as much as I wanted it to. It didn't make me feel wistful or peaceful, it didn't make me fall in love with France, it didn't make me love the characters, it was just... okay.

It's worth watching, and I'd definitely watch it again, but I'm definitely disappointed that I didn't love it as much as I thought I was going to.



Comments

Popular Posts

A Quiet Place: Day One | Film Review

A Family Affair | Film Review

Citizen Kane | 100 Movies Bucket List

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial | 100 Movie Bucket List

Girl Talk: Affordable Back-To-School Outfits