3 Month Favourites | January - March 2024

It's crazy that it's already the end of March. This post always comes around so quickly!

Favourite Film (1): All of Us Strangers


I've got a review of this film written and ready to upload so I won't say too much about it here, but I absolutely loved it! I've seen it maybe three times now and get something different from it each time. It's definitely worth a watch.

Favourite Film (2): Poor Things

I reviewed this film HERE, and ranked it the highest of all the Oscar Best Picture nominees, so of course it had to be on this list. I didn't fully know what it was about before going in, so it was a pleasant, weird surprise!

Favourite Film (3): The Holdovers


This is another Oscar nominee that I reviewed HERE, and while I think that Poor Things is probably the better film, this is the one that moved me the most. I loved it, and I think it holds up regardless of the Oscar hype.

Favourite TV Show (1): Fleabag

I don't know why it took me so long to watch this show but I'm so glad I finally did! Not only did I completely love it from start to finish, but I honestly think Season 2 Episode 1 is probably the best single episode of television I've ever seen in my life. It's amazingly written, amazingly acted, and I can't wait to watch it all over again!

Favourite TV Show (2): One Day

I reviewed this show HERE, and made no secret of how much I loved it. It's such a well-put-together show, it's insanely popular for good reason, and watching it has really made me want to (finally) read the book!

Favourite TV Show (3): Normal People

After finishing One Day I was looking for something similar to watch, and came across Normal People. I remember when it initially came out, and how popular it was, but for whatever reason I never really paid much attention to it. I watched one episode to try it out and ended up really liking it, so I watched the rest as soon as I could. Like One Day, it really lets you know and get to grow with the characters and I loved them. I've bought the book now too, so I'm looking forward to reading that!

Favourite Song: Mean Girls Original Broadway Soundtrack

I reviewed the Mean Girls movie and said I loved it, including the music. But when I said that, I hadn't listened to the original Broadway soundtrack. The original soundtrack blows every movie version completely out of the water! Not only did it make me understand why so many people had a problem with the movie, but it also made me love songs I hadn't loved before. Definitely worth a listen!

Favourite Actor (1): Andrew Scott

Since seeing All of Us Strangers, I have become completely obsessed with Andrew Scott. I've watched a lot of his movies and TV shows (I've just started 'Sherlock' and I'm loving it!), and just think he's incredible at what he does. I still have the rest of Sherlock and a bunch of movies to watch and I'm really excited to see them, because I haven't seen him give a bad performance yet! He's one of those people who always stands out, and is often the best part of whatever he's in. I can't wait to see everything else he's done, and I'm really excited to see Ripley when it comes out in April!

Favourite Actor (2): Paul Mescal

Weirdly, the reason I was so excited to watch All of Us Strangers in the first place was because, a couple of days before I watched it, I watched Aftersun and loved Paul's performance. I hadn't really seen him in anything before (other than 'The Lost Daughter'), but that performance really touched me, he was incredible in the role. And seeing that, and wanting to see more of him, led me to 'All of Us Strangers', and from there nearly everything I've loved in the last three months has starred either Paul or Andrew, so I'm really grateful to Paul's performance in Aftersun for that!

Favourite Book: The Dream Home

I have a review of this book going up at some point, so I'll keep this brief and just say that T.M. Logan is my favourite author for a reason and this book just cements that. I absolutely loved it!

Favourite Podcast: The Always Sunny Podcast

After finishing the last season of It's Always Sunny, I started it again from the beginning and came across this podcast on YouTube, which is the cast of the show talking about each episode. I love the podcast and it has made watching the show so much more fun!

And those are my first favourites of 2024 - what are yours?



Comments

Popular Posts

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion