Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

I was so happy to see this one on the Bucket List!

I've seen this film maybe 4 or 5 times now and I love it more each time I watch it.

Not only is it such a successful psychological thriller, but there's so much to love about it. From the performances, the writing, the iconic ending, everything!

It's a great first-time watch because you have no idea where it's going or what you're getting. You just follow these characters, you're along for the ride, and you get so much more than you bargain for.

For me, the best thing about the film was the characters and the way they were written and played. Of course, Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt are highly revered actors, and the way they breathe life into characters that could have easily become one-note stereotypes (the jaded older detective and the aggressive young rookie) is really interesting to watch. They make the film what it is.

I've found while writing these Bucket List reviews (if you can call them reviews) that the more I love a movie, the less I have to say about it, and that's true here. This is a great movie and as such, there's not much else to say!

Definitely watch this if you haven't!



Comments

Popular Posts

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion