Moonlight | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

This one was a re-watch.

I watched it in the run-up to the 2017 Oscars and it's probably one of the only movies on the Bucket List that I've actually reviewed.

I liked it at the time, and wrote a positive review, but throughout the years I have loved so many of the Oscar nominees for that year more than this, and I think that has clouded my judgement. 

So much so that I was actually surprised how positive my review was when I re-read it a couple of days ago. I had no idea I liked it that much because my memories of it aren't great.

But having said that, I only saw it once, so I was looking forward to re-watching it.

I have no idea if I enjoyed it more this time around, but I did enjoy it. I remembered all of the key points, so it just felt like another re-watch.

But having said that, I didn't love the film. And honestly, from that Oscar best picture race, there are 5 movies that I like more, and would rather re-watch than this, and it isn't even close.

I love the message of this movie, I like the writing, and the actors were amazing, so I definitely understand why it's on the Bucket List. It just isn't a favourite of mine.



Comments

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion