Groundhog Day | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

Next up was Groundhog Day!

This was a weird one for me.

I only saw this for the first time last year. I was unwell, up at 3am with nothing to watch, so I put this on and enjoyed it. I didn't love it, but I had a really good time with it and knew that I'd probably watch it again with or without the Bucket List.

This time around though, for some reason, I liked it a lot less.

I don't know what it was. The concept was fine (and I generally tend to like time-loop movies), but I just couldn't gel with the characters - particularly Phil, who I hated this time around.

I don't know what it was! And while I should probably give it another watch, I don't know if my feelings are going to change again.

And that being said, I do like the story, and the first time I watched it I did like the characters (although I never really had a soft spot for Phil).

I can kind of understand why it's on the Bucket List (though as I've said before, the amount of romance movies on the list has been awful and there are much better ones out there), but it's not one of my favourites.



Comments

Popular Posts

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion