Book Review #125: Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood

When Bea gets a job working for NASA she is thrilled - even if that means working with her grad school nemesis, Levi. But when her equipment starts going missing, and no one listens to her, she finds that Levi starts to become an ally and, even more shockingly, a friend. But is friendship the only thing on Levi's mind?

I bought this book last year after reading and absolutely loving 'The Love Hypothesis' by the same author. I liked it so much I wanted to check if it was a fluke, or if I just love this author.

Thankfully it was not a fluke, because I loved this book too!

At first I felt like I was reading about the characters from TLH, and that was a bit jarring (it was almost like reading fanfiction about them), but it was also nice because it allowed me to have a level of comfort with the characters from the very beginning.

But eventually this feeling went away and this story became its own thing entirely, while being equally enjoyable.

It was very predictable, but that's not a bad thing. I liked knowing where it would go, and the fun was in waiting for the characters to figure things out, rather than the reader figuring those things out.

I love Hazelwood's writing style. Both books were really easy to read and quick to get into.

There were points where the story reminded me a bit of 'The Spanish Love Deception' by Elena Armas, in terms of the miscommunications the characters had. Though I felt that it was done a lot better here.

But in saying that, Bea's constant 'he hates me' did become more and more annoying as the story went on, and if I didn't like Bea so much, this would have made me take a disliking to her.

The thing I liked in this book more than TLH was the sex scenes. They don't feel strange and everything that happens fits with who the characters are, which is a feeling I didn't get with the other book.

Overall I absolutely loved this book, and I can't wait to read the other two Ali Hazelwood books I've got my eye on!

4/5


Comments

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion