Alien | 100 Movies Bucket List

Next up for the Bucket List was Alien.

This was technically a re-watch, but I'd only seen it once a really long time ago and remembered nothing, so it was more like a first-time watch.

I've mentioned before that sci-fi isn't really my genre of choice, so I wasn't particularly looking forward to this one (though I did want to watch it).

Unfortunately I found it just okay, and it might be worth re-watching in the future.

I liked the film once everything actually got going - the acting was great, the idea was great and the design of the alien was iconic. But I found the first hour of the film quite slow with not much happening, and because of that, it didn't really hold my interest.

That being said, I did enjoy the overall film, and completely recognise how important it has been for the sci-fi genre (and for final girls - Ripley is one of the originals!).

I might watch some of the sequels, but for this as a standalone, it wasn't my favourite.


 

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion