Christmas at Pemberley Manor | Blogmas Day 8

 Hey Guys x

Happy Blogmas day 8! Can you believe we're already over a week into December?

This isn't a film that was on my original list, but I ended up catching it halfway through on the UK's version of the Hallmark channel, and liked it. Then, by chance, it popped up as a recommendation on Amazon Prime Video, and I knew I had to review it.

Elizabeth Bennett (Jessica Lowndes) is an event planner who is planning a Christmas festival for a small town. But when her chosen venue caves in, and a beautiful estate is about to be sold, she has to convince the owner to let her hold the festival. 

This was a really cute movie, and it's definitely great viewing in the run-up to Christmas.

All of the characters, main and supporting, were 3-dimensional characters with personalities that seemed at least somewhat realistic.

Even though the story is generic, I found it interesting. For some reason, I really wanted to see how the festival would come together.

One of the gripes that I had with the film was that, I would have preferred the main characters to not be called Elizabeth Bennett and William Darcy (played by Michael Rady). For me, it made it seem like the love story would be more epic than it was, and it kind of lessened the impact of the romance because of that.

There's not that much conflict in this story, which can be either really good or really bad. I liked that there was little conflict because I could really enjoy the budding romance without worrying that something bad (or stupid) was about to happen.

My favourite side characters were Travis (Ben Estus) and Jane (Maddie McCormick), and their budding relationship is so wholesome and sweet. I loved watching. But all the characters had really great chemistry, not just the romantic leads. They all worked really well together.

To me, Elizabeth and William are one of the few Christmas-movie couples that feels like they could actually stand and maintain a relationship outside of the perimeters of the film. They're not just a couple for Christmas!

The ending was really sweet, and definitely left me feeling festive!

Overall, this is a generic story that actually gets you invested, and gives you a couple that you can root for.


Originality - 4/10

Christmas Spirit - 7/10

Christmas Music - 4/10


It's 17 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 9!

Lou 

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review