My Christmas Inn | Blogmas Day 4

 Hey Guys x

It's Blogmas day 4!

I just started re-watching 'Sister, Sister' on Netflix, so when I saw that one of Christmas movies on Netflix starred Tia Mowry-Hardrict, I couldn't wait to watch it!

When Jen Taylor (Tia Mowry-Hardrict) inherits her great-aunt's inn, and has to travel to a small town in Alaska in order to sell it, she ends up finding more than she ever expected.

I really liked this film. It was what I wanted from a Hallmark Christmas film.

We've all seen this story 100 times before, and I for one will never get bored of the classic plot-line.

Jen and Brian (Rob Mayes) have really great chemistry, and this is evident from their first moments together on screen. What really makes films like this work is the chemistry between the two leads, and these two have chemistry well before anything romantic happens. I would go so far as to say that they are my favourite Christmas couple so far this Blogmas!

Speaking of the characters, I LOVED the 'Sister, Sister' reunion, in the casting of Jackée Harry and Tim Reid as Jen's parents. Whoever thought of casting them together again is a genius! 

The entire film is filled with cliché cuteness - complete with gingerbread, flirting and food fights. Almost every scene is so festive that it really gets you in the mood for Christmas. 

It's so predictable you could write it yourself, but that doesn't make it any less sweet.

There is a whole group of really endearing characters. Of course, they don't get as much to do as our two main characters, but it was really nice to have such nice supporting characters. You come away from this film wanting to move to Chestnut Hill too!

Overall, this is such a lovely, Christmassy movie. Definitely watch it!


Originality - 3/10

Christmas Spirit - 8/10

Christmas Music - 4/10


It's 21 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 5!

Lou    

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review