Once Upon a Christmas Miracle | Blogmas Day 23

 Hey Guys x

Happy Blogmas day 23!

This is a Hallmark movie that I found myself interested in. When looking at the descriptions of a list of different Hallmark movies, this is the one that stuck out. One of the things that interested me the most was that it was a true story.

When Heather (Aimee Teegarden) is told that she needs a liver, Chris (Brett Dalton), a stranger, immediately offers his. And what comes out of this is a connection that will change both of their lives forever.

I think this is the first movie of Blogmas that's a true story, and I could immediately tell this when I started watching. The film doesn't have magic or unnecessary drama or anything particularly unrealistic - it is a true story about two people who managed to forge an amazing connection from this extraordinary gift.

I found that this story would have been interesting even without the backdrop of Christmas, but the fact that it did take place at Christmas made it even more interesting. It added a festiveness that worked really well with the story. And despite the subject matter, you can tell that an extra effort was made to make the film Christmassy.

There is a bit of chemistry between the actors, but this chemistry feels unimportant in a way, because of how important the story itself is.

As mentioned, because this is a true story, not a lot actually happens. Just like these characters, it feels like the audience spends a lot of time sitting around, waiting for things to happen.

It is a lovely story, but not the most entertaining to watch.

After a while, the story becomes less about the transplant, and more about these characters. I liked this, because it allowed us to get to know these people outside of the transplant storyline, and they were somewhat interesting characters in their own rights.

Having said this, the story does become more generic when the transplant storyline comes to an end. I didn't mind this, but I could see why it might make the film less interesting than the premise suggests.

While this film is about a nice couple, I realised after the film ended that I didn't really care about them one way or the other. And when it ended, I didn't really think about it again.

Overall, this is an average film about an extraordinary situation. Even if you don't want to see the film, read about the story, because it's amazing.


Originality - 6/10

Christmas Spirit - 6/10

Christmas Music - 4/10


It's 2 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Christmas Eve!

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review