The Unique Nail Designs Fail

 


This is the first 'Nail designs' post that I have ever done, and it was a fail!

I have never really done anything like this before. I don't usually wear nail varnish.

I am not artistic, I an not very creative, I am not good with my hands. So do not expect these to look good, they were an experiment that I was really nervous about, but I decided to post this anyway because this is my space, and I wanted to show that you should do things that you're scared to do.

I stopped biting my nails a few months ago, and now that they're at a length that I like, I thought I'd paint them.

But, you know me, I can never just make things easy for myself, I have to make things difficult. Rather than just paint my nails like everybody else, I thought I would try to do some designs. I'll tell you how I did mine, but I'd also love to hear your suggestions for what else I could have done, or how I could have made mine better!

What you need:
Nail Varnishes (mainly Barry M)

Nail Polish Remover (to wipe off any excess)

What I did.
I decided to randomly chose 5 different designs, one for each finger of my left hand, and some of them looked better than others!

Finger 1: Excess dots
For my first nail, I let the excess nail varnish (when you first take it out of the pot) drip onto my nail. Four colours in four places. In the picture, I haven't wiped off the excess varnish around the outside of the nail, but I did it after I took the picture!

Finger 2: Vertical Stripes
I think this one is probably self-explanatory. I used four different colours (the first one is white, but you might not be able to tell) and wiped off the excess varnish before drawing the stripes onto my nails. This is one of my favourites!

Finger 3: Random Fun
On this finger, I tried a few different things that all didn't work out, so in the end I just decided to put the varnish randomly on my nails. It kind of looks like stripes, but I think that's just my default!

Finger 5: Lou's World
I called this one Lou's world because the colour just reminded me of it so much! I put a blob of white in the middle of the nail, and surrounded it with the pink that closely matches the pink in the background of this blog.

Thumb: Black French Tips
At the time, this is one of the ones that I was most happy with. I coated the top of my nail with white, then the base of my nail with two different blacks, one with glitter and one without.

The Colours I Used:

Barry M - Retro Pink
 
Barry M - Blue Glitter
Glitter Nail Paint - Aqua Glitter
 
Barry M - Princess (AKA Lou's World!)
 
Barry M - Lady
 
Barry M - Copper
 
Barry M - Gold Mine Glitter
 
Beauty Uk - Gun Metal
 
As I said, this was in no way a serious nail varnish tutorial, it was a bit of fun!
 
I don't expect you to try what I did, but if you do, please send your pictures to me on twitter (@louleecutie) because I'd love to see them!
 
Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post! I was/am really nervous about putting it up because the nails are not great!
 
Comment below your favourite nail varnish.

Comments

  1. Hey, it's good to experiment with nail varnish, it's how you learn! I like to play around with different designs from time to time. I guess my biggest tip would be to keep the varnish away from your cuticles bc that's when things start to get a bit messy.

    Keep on playing and have fun!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'