Girl Talk: Care Less, Live More



Hey Guys x

This post is going to be part rant, part advice, just a warning!

So, today was a bad day anxiety-wise. I won't go into too much detail, but I was feeling slightly anxious and shitty in the morning, and was pushed over the edge by a classmate who said something stupid about something that I'd drawn (not important).

This prompted me to have my first ever experience of a nearly/maybe panic attack, and it was freaking scary!

The thing that kept going over and over in my head was 'why would someone go out of their way to make someone else feel really bad about themselves for no reason?' and I still don't have an answer.

I couldn't work out why I cared so much about what this person had said. The drawing was something that my teacher thought would be fun, and make the lesson a bit less boring, and I'm no artist, so obviously I wasn't expecting it to look amazing. And yet, this one comment was enough to push me over the edge. My anxiety at the beginning of the day is still a complete mystery, but I was pushed over the edge by someone that isn't even my friend, that I don't particularly like, and I don't know why.

I spent the rest of the day being cheered up by various friends. Some of them knew what happened, others didn't, but their conversation and positivity cheered me up, to the point where I couldn't stop
thinking 'I have so many great friends. Why should I let one irrelevant person get me so down?'

Anyway, the point of this post was not to tell you about my day, as shitty as it was. The point was, I'm glad this happened to me today, because it taught me something that I want to share with you.

Caring too much about the irrelevant people in your life stops you from living. I care way too much and am very sensitive. So I've decided not to care. Much easier said than done, but I am no longer going to allow the irrelevant people in my life to knock me down, and you shouldn't either!

We only get one life. Our life is like a movie. So why should we let the backstage extra in one scene determine how it ends?

Caring less allows us to live more, and we need to remember that.

Thank you for reading this rant/advice post/life update. I hope it helped you in any way.

Comment below how you stop little things from getting you down!

Comments

  1. Aw I'm sure the drawing was lovely. I agree though like even not wearing make up out of the house is a big deal but why should it matter to other people what I look like! Good post chum! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List