A Poem For Autumn

 
 
The time when the leaves change
Leads to the ever-known exchange.
The sun for the rain
A smile for disdain
 
For the heat never quite reaches it's peak
Before the autumn turns up to speak
It gets colder and colder
As the sun disappears over a shoulder
 
And yet the smiles still come
As we hope that summer isn't done
The hopeful glances
As we take all sorts of different chances
 
A coat or an umbrella?
Will we be back before dark, like Cinderella?
The sun disappears quicker than ever
And we expect to see it again sooner than never
 
But this poem isn't a bashing of autumn
And autumn doesn't mean we hit rock bottom
But the sun going away has a sort of depression
That brings out so many different types of questions
 
Until we remember Halloween
The fun parties, costumes and unseen dreams
The fires lit and hot chocolates drunk
As Autumn slowly ends, chunk by chunk
 
It feels like Autumn is the quickest season
This is due to no rhyme or reason
So cherish it before it leaves
Before it is taken away from us, stolen by thieves.
 
Poetry is one of my geekiest obsessions, especially writing my own. I don't know how good this is, because I wrote it off the top of my head.
 
It was kind of inspired by Carrie Hope Fletcher's 'Letters To Autumn', but I thought that I would enjoy doing a poem more, so that's what I did.
 
I really hope you liked this, I've never done poetry on this blog before but I would love to do it again in the future!
 
Thank you for reading.
 
Comment below your favourite thing about Autumn!
 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion