Annabelle: Creation | Film Review

Image result for annabelle creation

Hey Guys x

I am a huge fan of horror movies, as I've said on the blog many times!

One of my absolute favourite horror franchises is, as you can probably guess, the Conjuring franchise!

I loved the two Conjuring films, and also really liked the first Annabelle film, so obviously this film was something that I was really excited for. Also, I'm a massive fan of James Wan, who is a producer on this film as well as my other favourite horror film franchises (Insidious, Saw etc.) so I knew that it would be a great film.

As it's called Annabelle: Creation, it's pretty obvious that the film is about the creation of the Annabelle doll, as well as the spirit within that doll. The film begins with a family living in the 1940s. One day, the couple's young daughter Annabelle (get it?) dies in a vehicular accident. However, coincidentally,weird things begin happening in their home. I wonder what the correlation is? 
Twelve years later, the couple have turned their home into an orphanage of sorts, taking in a few girls who have lost their original orphanage. One girl in particular, Janice, is crippled by polio, and so is deemed as 'weaker' than the other girls, thus becoming the obsession of Annabelle. But can Janice save herself, and the other girls, before it's too late?

I loved this film so much! 

I'm a lover of jumpscares, and this film was filled with them, much to my delight! But more than that, the things that happened in the film were just genuinely scary, which was great. I felt fear as well as excitement while watching it.

It was directed and acted phenomenally. I mean, there were many instances where the characters in the film were completely stupid and brought things upon themselves, but what horror movie doesn't have moments like that? If everyone in every movie was smart, most movies wouldn't get made.

One thing that I was worried about before seeing this film, was how it tied in with the first Annabelle. The first movie seemed like an origin story for the doll, so having an origin story of the origin story just didn't make sense to me.

However, it tied in really well. So well in fact that, as someone who knows the first Annabelle film really well, when I realised the connection, I actually got chills because of how well it was done.

Overall, if you're a horror fan, watch this movie, seriously! If you're not a horror fan, start smaller and steer clear of this, unless you want to be put off horrors for life!

What's your favourite horror movie?

Lou xx

Comments

  1. I literally adore the conjuring series so much too, so I'm really excited to watch this film. The story line seems so cool

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the most interesting storyline so far I think! xx

      Delete
  2. And btw I nominated you for the mystery blogger award if you haven't already done it :) http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/mystery-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much! I'll check it out xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't watched the first anabelle movie, but I have heard a lot about it! I'm quite scared to watch it, but I love horror movies!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like horrors, I definitely think that it's good to watch, even if it's just to add to your collection xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'