The 3 Stages Of Romantic Movies

I watch a lot of romantic movies, when I'm not watching horror movies. I watched Marcus Butler's video on the same sort of topic and my sister gave me the idea to do my own version.

There are a lot of things that only happen in romantic movies and as Marcus pointed out, they're a bit cliché. But rather than list some things and point out how, in reality it would be different, I'm going to see what things are common in practically all romantic movies. These are my typical 3 stages of Romantic Movies.

The Perfect Kiss





Whether it's the first kiss or the last kiss, the kiss between the two main characters in a romantic movie is always perfect. It's the kind of kiss that we all dream of having. All romantic movies have them because they need to give the viewer something to dream about and to aspire towards. You'll never find a romantic movie without one!

An Explosive Break-up

 
There has to be some sort of conflict for a rom-com to be deemed 'watchable'. This means that the main couple has to break up. The reason for the break up doesn't matter, they just have to have a huge argument and vow never to speak to each other again. Of course, this never actually happens, but the audience have to believe that it will.
 

A Happy/Sad Ending


The most important rule for any romantic movie is that they either have to end 'happily ever after', or they have to make you cry. Either way, you know how good a movie was by your reaction to the ending, so the ending has to be good!

Thank you for reading

Comment below your favourite romantic movie!

Comments

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List