Girl Talk: The Effects Of Society

 
I've done many posts on my views of society, and this post is by no means just directed to girls as both genders suffer with the same problems, but I thought I would address this in a 'girl talk' because it is something that I think a lot of girls in particular need to understand and take in.
 
Society has positive and negative effects on both us and the people around us. But as usual, rather than making out that there are just negative or just positive effects, I'm going to help you to turn the negatives into positives.
 

The Perfect Body Image

 
Society makes you seem that, if you don't have the perfect body, then your body isn't worth having. We all hear stories, in the news or in celebrity magazines about people who have undergone dramatic measures so that they can lose/gain weight, when in fact, their bodies were perfect. If you're reading this, look down at your body. Look at your imperfections, the things you hate about yourself, and force yourself to smile. Just do it. Remember that you're perfect the way you are, and that you don't ever have to change yourself to suit the views of society.
 

 The Perfect Job/Money

 
One thing that I've found by researching this is that, the majority of people are motivated by money. And to get money, you have to have a good job. But, this is something that I don't understand. What is a good job? Is this based on the amount of money that you make, the amount of people that you help, how much you enjoy it? For me, I'm not particularly motivated by money when looking for a job. My dream job is to be an author or a full time blogger. But this is less to do with the amount of money that I could make and more to do with my love of writing, which grows each and every day So, when you choose what you want to be, focus on your love and talents, rather than how much money you'll make.

Attention Seeking

 
This is the last one that I'm going to write about because it comes in two parts. The first part is the instagram, tumblr, twitter famous people that only want more followers. If I had a pound for every tweet or picture that I saw that said 'Who likes my account' or 'I look so ugly today' or 'I'm deleting my account, retweet/like if you want me to stay' I would be rivalling Bill Gates! It's crazy that we need strangers on the internet to tell us that we're pretty or that they like our account. We should do things because we like doing them, not because of the amount of followers that we have.
Linking with this is the other side of 'Attention Seekers'. The people who self harm or consider committing suicide. These people are called attention seekers, but what if they're crying out for help? All people should not be judged in the same way, as each person is different. But I don't think that anyone should be able to judge someone that they don't know, or have never met. The best thing you can ever do is talk to someone about their problems, don't let them go through anything alone. And, if it turns out that they are attention seeking (which most people probably won't be) then ignore them. Don't give them the attention that you know they want. But be careful, more often than not, it's a cry for help.
 
Thank you for reading.
 
Comment below your view on society today.

Comments

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'