Book Review #15: The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella



If you've been following me for a while now (or have read all of my posts) you will have seen me review 'I've got your number' which is also by Sophie Kinsella. If you haven't seen my post, you can view it here!

At the end of that post, I recommended this book and said that I would be reviewing it at a later date. Well, the time has come for me to review it and I am so excited to share my thoughts on this book with you.

The book is about a successful lawyer called Samantha. She is Cambridge-educated and has an IQ of 158. Everything in her life is going...ok. It could be better, but she's happy with the way it is. Until she makes a mistake. A mistake that will single-handedly ruin her career. So, like some of us, instead of facing up to her mistake, Samantha runs away. She ends up walking into the house of Trish and Eddie Geiger, a rich couple in desperate need of a new housekeeper. Enter Samantha. She doesn't know it, but she has unknowingly signed up to be the Geiger's new housekeeper. Will Samantha keep the job, or will she face up to her mistake and go back to work?

I love this book. I only read it in the first place because of my extreme obsession with Sophie Kinsella, but I was certainly not disappointed! The character of Samantha is great because she's absolutely hilarious, but she's suppose to be a serious lawyer. She makes mistakes and beats herself up for them, as we all tend to do. Also, the addition of Nathaniel, the Geiger's gardener, makes a great addition to the novel, and Nathaniel's mother is one of my favourite characters in the whole book!

What was good:
Everything! The characters had a good amount of humour and they were so realistic. I mean, not everyone knows a successful lawyer who unknowingly becomes a housekeeper, but I'll bet that most of us have a friend that makes stupid mistakes and beats her/himself up for them, but keeps making them anyway.

What was bad:
Sometimes, you may just get the urge to shake Samantha and tell her to stop running away from her mistakes. Her attitude is quite childish and she kind of makes you want to kill her.

Overall
You really should read this book, there are so many things about it that will make you want to read it again. Trust me, you will not regret buying this book.

Before I end this post:
I just wanted to thank everyone reading and following me for giving me the inspiration to keep this blog going. Especially fellow blogger ProfessionalDaydreamer for answering any inane questions that I have about blogging and for helping me with her nice comments and great posts. Follow her!

Thank you for reading

Comment below what you think of Sophie Kinsella!

Comments

  1. I absolutely loved this book so it was nice to see someone else's opinion on it. I found you because of Sprinkle of Glitter, so cannot wait to see what you do in the future.

    Amazzable xox

    Feel free to look at my blog:
    rawramazzable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much!
      Of course I'll check out your blog xx

      Delete
  2. Amazing post:)Your blog is so cute!Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, please keep in touch xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List