The Notebook | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

This is another of the Bucket List movies that I wasn't really looking forward to. I've seen this movie quite a few times now, trying to understand the hype, and I never got it.

There's been a bit of a trend with these classic movies in that usually the ones I didn't previously like, I've ended up liking after the re-watch.

With this one, while I think I did like it a bit more this time around, I still don't get the hype, I don't understand why it's so beloved, and I have no idea why it's considered such a classic when there aren't that many romance movies on the list.

There are so many better romance movies out there that should be considered classics!

My main issue was that I didn't find Allie and Noah that compelling. And yes I understand the twist is probably what made it popular, but that didn't really grab me either.

This is probably the first one on the list that's been disappointing, but at least it wasn't a surprise!

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List