Quiz Lady | Film Review


When her dog is kidnapped, Anne (Awkwafina) and her estranged sister Jenny (Sandra Oh) attempt to save him by competing on Anne's favourite quiz show.

I'd seen this film come up a few times on Disney+ but never really looked into what it was about. Honestly, the only reason I put it on was because I love Sandra Oh, and I'm so glad I did!

I loved this movie!

I loved the characters from the very beginning and this love stayed until the credits rolled. I don't typically tend to love the characters Awkwafina plays, so this was a really pleasant surprise.

The actors have great chemistry despite their clashing personalities and play really believable sisters. 

Speaking of the characters, I've never seen Sandra Oh in a role like this before, and seeing this just reminded me once again of how brilliant she is.

The story is simple, but not only was it entertaining, it was also really engaging. And so much more thrilling than you'd guess a film about a quiz show would be.

I was surprised by how funny it was. The film overall was very well-written, but the humour was great and made me a lot more invested in what was happening.

But the biggest surprise for me was that it made me feel emotional! I did not expect to get that invested in the film, or to have such strong feelings about it.

Overall I absolutely loved this film and would definitely recommend it!

8/10 stars

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List