The Killer | Film Review

 

An assassin (Michael Fassbender) uses a methodical approach to hunt and kill his targets. But when his next job becomes personal, he finds himself on an international manhunt to exact revenge.

I watched this film so long ago now! I wanted to get Blogmas out of the way before going back into normal reviews so there will be a few older films being reviewed in the next couple of weeks!

I liked this movie more than I initially thought I would. I didn't love everything about it, but I had a good time with it.

From the first second, everything moved so quickly, which took me a little while to get used to.

The character of the killer is weird (as he's supposed to be) but really fun to watch. He's also played really well by Michael Fassbender, who carries the film with ease.

I loved that the film never tried to make the character sympathetic or likeable. In many ways, it was more like a character study than a piece of entertainment - though it was very entertaining.

The revenge plot is quite common in action movies, but this film felt like a fresh take on it.

When it finished, to me it felt like it was just getting started. I could definitely have watched at least another half-hour, and would probably watch a sequel if one were made.

Overall, I enjoyed this film. I'm not itching to give it a re-watch, but it's definitely worth seeing!

6.5/10 stars


Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List