Halloween (1978) | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

I have no idea how many times I've seen this movie, but it's definitely at least 10.

I love the concept of the Halloween movies, and even though some of the sequels have gone down their own path, the fact that this simple idea has managed to spawn so many movies is kind of cool!

Now, is every movie good? Definitely not. Is this movie an impressive feat of filmmaking to a 2024 audience? Probably not. But for when it was made, and the doors it opened for the horror world, it definitely deserves its place in this classics list.

This time around wasn't my most enjoyable viewing of this movie (I probably need to give it a bit of a break) but I definitely still liked it, as I always do.

Laurie Strode is widely regarded as one of the most iconic 'final girls', and with good reason! She's a great character, and I love that her story continued for so long.

I'm always glad when there's a horror on the classics list, and this is a great one to have.



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List