Shaun of the Dead | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

This was a rewatch for me, and I picked it so early on because I already know and love it.

For a start, I love Simon Pegg as an actor (check out 'Man Up' if you haven't), and while I love other performances of his more than this, the best thing about this film is the writing.

I don't often watch horror comedies, but if I'm in the mood for one, this is definitely a go-to.

The humour is expertly written. The characters are amazing in the sense that they are well-rounded and authentic while absolutely not fitting into a zombie-slaying world, which just makes the film all the more funny.

This is so much fun to watch. It allows you to be worried about the characters as you laugh along with them, and sometimes laugh at them.

The horror-comedy genre definitely doesn't get as much love as it deserves. To be able to balance two competing genres in this way takes expert writing, direction and acting, and this film had all of those in spades.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, definitely watch it! It's a classic for a reason.



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List