Joy Ride | Film Review


Travelling to China for a business trip, Audrey (Ashley Park), is joined by her best friend Lolo (Sherry Cola), her former college roommate Kat (Stephanie Hsu) and Lolo's cousin Deadeye (Sabrina Wu) for a mundane trip that quickly becomes the bonding experience none of the girls ever expected.

I was so excited to see this movie. I knew based on the premise alone (reminiscent of Girls Trip and Rough Night) that I would probably like it, but I didn't know how much.

Thankfully I loved it!

I loved it from the first scene. The characters were set up well and we got to know them really quickly.

I thought that I would love the two main characters more than the two that were introduced later, so I was pleasantly surprised to find myself loving all four of the characters equally. They all have really distinct personalities and are very different people, so it was really fun taking time to get to know them individually.

It was genuinely funny. As well as the characters being distinct, they all come with their own unique senses of humour that blend well together.

The film is written really well, but the actors are what makes it so worth watching. Each one does an amazing job with the character they're given, and I would love to watch another film starring the four main actors together.

The actors, and as a result, their characters, have such great chemistry. 

Not only is it so much fun, but it explores the themes of friendship and identity so well.

Overall I really liked this movie and would definitely recommend it. If you're a fan of movies like Girls Trip or Rough Night, this will definitely be one for you.

7/10 stars

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List