The Evil Dead (1981) | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

There aren't that many horror movies on the 100 Movies list, so those are probably the ones I'm most looking forward to. But unfortunately, I wasn't looking forward to this one, for reasons that were my own fault.

I've seen the 2013 'Evil Dead' and the sequel, 'Evil Dead Rise' and didn't really enjoy either of them. But for some reason, I thought I had also seen this one and not liked it, so I started watching this thinking it was a rewatch.

But I absolutely had not seen it, because this film is wild!

It's the same story as the remake, so it was familiar, but there's something about older horror movies that just feel so authentic and fun, and this definitely has that.

I don't really get scared by older horror movies, so I wasn't watching this expecting to be scared, but I was definitely more entertained than I thought I would be.

That's not to say I loved the film - I don't think the overall plot is something that really appeals to me. But saying that, I enjoyed it more than I expected.

So I probably won't watch the remakes again, but I can definitely see myself rewatching this.



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List