The Shawshank Redemption | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

This was a really highly anticipated first-time watch.

Though I had never seen this before, I feel like I knew the entire plot solely through watching a Family Guy episode that parodied it.

And even then, I was surprised how close the parody was! I already knew all of the pivotal plot points because of that, and honestly it just made it more entertaining to me. Every classic should get a cartoon parody!

But I had been wanting to watch this film for years, and honestly it just seemed a bit intimidating, and also like something you had to be in the mood for, and I never was. So I put it off until, thankfully, I needed to watch it for the Bucket List.

And I absolutely loved it! I never give first-time watches 5 stars on Letterboxd (I usually have to re-watch something to realise how much I love it), and this was the first time I had to do that, because there was no other rating to give it.

What a film!

And yes this shouldn't come as a shock, it's very clearly a classic, it's one of the best-reviewed movies of all time, and it deserves every single accolade.

I've said this about a lot of movies on the Bucket List, and so far I probably mean it with this one the most - it's a classic for a reason!

Watch this if you've never seen it. And if you have seen it, watch it again!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List