Ghostbusters (1984) | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

Next up for the bucket list was a first-time watch.

The only version of Ghostbusters I've ever seen is the 2016 reboot, and while I enjoyed it, it didn't make me want to see the original at all, so I never did.

The first thing that struck me while watching this was how much the reboot took from it! I knew it was the same story, just updated, but so much of it felt like a shot-for-shot remake. It actually made me like the reboot a bit less knowing that it wasn't as original as I assumed it was.

But as for my thoughts on this movie alone, it was good. I didn't love it, but I didn't love the reboot either. The story itself isn't one I love, so I knew this wouldn't be a favourite.

For its time, this film was really original and inventive for the sci-fi and comedy genres. The plot was interesting, it was well-written, the cast was great, and I completely understand why it's considered a classic.

So even though it wasn't 100% for me, I definitely get why it's beloved.




Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List