Blade Runner | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

I have a weird history with Blade Runner. 

I've never see this movie. But not only did I read the book it was based on years ago, I also watched the sequel. And yet, I never really wanted to see the original.

When I saw it was on the bucket list, I wasn't surprised, but I also wasn't particularly looking forward to it. I know it's an important movie in film culture, but I was never really interested in it.

And in saying that, I really liked the book, and I liked the sequel too. 

But anyway, I watched the movie, and as I had predicted, I didn't really like it. I think it's the first bucket list movie that I was a bit bored by.

Of course some of this will come down to the fact that I'm not a huge sci-fi fan (which seems to make up a good portion of the bucket list movies), but I wasn't really interested in the story. 

I knew what was going to happen because I researched it a couple of years ago before watching the sequel, but the plot never interested me. And after watching it, it still didn't interest me.

I didn't hate it, and I can see why people like it, but it wasn't for me.



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List