The Big Lebowski | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

This is the first Bucket List movie that I had absolutely no idea about. I'd heard of it, but I'd never seen it before and I didn't know what it was about.

I really liked it! Not knowing what to expect was great because I went in blind, enjoyed it for what it was, and had a really good time!

It was also really surprising to see clips that have become memes, gifs and iconic pieces of dialogue that I've always seen/heard but never known where they came from. This film has so many of them!

Jeff Bridges was perfect in the role of 'the Dude', and having not seen him in many films before this, it was a great quasi-introduction to his work. 

But I was so surprised by how amazing John Goodman was in his role. Because he's someone that I've seen a lot of in passing, but this feels like the first time I've really paid attention to him, and I loved whenever his character was on screen.

I've seen a couple of Coen Brothers movies, and this was definitely my favourite of them - though I need to re-watch 'No Country for Old Men' for this challenge, so we'll see!




Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List