My Dreams and Aspirations




I was recently told that my blog was lacking information about me. I enjoy writing reviews and giving you advice about certain things, but I haven't yet done a post that has been really personal to me. So I thought that the best way to do this, would be to tell you about my dreams and aspirations. These are things that I want to happen to me within the next 10 years and I hope that these things help you to understand a little bit more about who I am.


Finish Education:


One thing that I am looking forward to, which will happen within the next 1-4 years (depending on whether or not I go to university) is finishing my education. I like learning, but it will be a relief to know that I have finished, that I have accomplished what I need to. I have not yet decided if I will go to university, but I do know that I won't miss the classroom environment or the ridicule of my classmates when I leave college.


Get a long-term job




This is the logical next step - to go from unemployment to employment. But I'm not just looking for any job, I want something that is going to help me to achieve a career. I have completely decided that I would like to go into English, maybe editing or publishing. I would also like to have something to do with books, as they are my one true passion.


Get a tattoo


This is something that me and a few of my friends have been saying for quite a while. I've always wanted to get a tattoo that meant the world to me, but I haven't yet discovered what that is. I always hope that one day I'll see a quote and think 'That's it' and I'll have a constant reminder of that eureka moment, the moment when I decided what my life meant to me.


Live without worries






I'm one of those people that worries about everything and anything. I will do a post in the future about anxiety, as I feel I have a problem in this area. But I would like to live and not worry about anything. I would like to do things without worrying about the consequences, without worrying whether I am doing the right thing or not. I'd also like to live without caring about what anyone thinks of me. I am one of those people that cares too much about how other people see me, and to me, this is one of my biggest flaws.


Find True Love

This is probably really cheesy, but finding true love is one of the things that I want more than anything else. I am in love with love, I love the idea of it and I love romance. I want to get married and to be with someone that I could look at forever and never get bored. I want someone to hold me and never want to let me go. I want someone to love me despite all of my faults, because your faults make you who you are.

Write a book


As you probably know by now, I have a passion for books. So much so that I even write fan fictions on the website 'wattpad'. If you could see the saved word documents on my laptop, you would see how many times I have had a different story idea and a different beginning to my ideas. The problem is that I never feel as if my stories would be good enough to actually get published. But I think I need to have a bit more self-belief, enough to actually t finish one!

Buy a house


I can't wait to have my own house. I think that this is the true sign of independence, having to pay your own bills and look after yourself. I'm not so much looking forward to paying bills, but the thought of being able to walk into my own house is an exciting prospect.

Have Children


This is something that I really want, probably more than anything else. To quote Sylvia Plath, a child I 'A clean slate with (their) own face on'. I love the thought of having a family, of looking at someone and seeing my traits being expressed within their actions. I also love thought of having someone to make memories with, someone who's memories will involve me with most of their thoughts, someone who will love me unconditionally.

Change a life


This is one of the main reasons why I started this blog. I first started it in 2011. I was young and didn't really know what I was doing or why I was doing it. I have since deleted the 9-10 posts that I had published. Now, in 2014, I know that I want this blog to help people, in some way. Whether it helps you to find your new favourite book, or whether it helps you to feel good about yourself, or if you just enjoy reading it, I want to help, and your comments on these posts literally mean so much to me. I'm just trying to find my place in the world, and this seemed like a good place to start.

Thank you for reading this post. I hope you found it interesting to hear a bit more about me.

Please let me know if you enjoy these types of posts, or if you would like me to stick to advice and reviews.

Comment below and share some of your dreams and aspirations!





Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion