Book Review #5: 'I've got your number' by Sophie Kinsella

I love Sophie Kinsella!

 
This is the first review of a Sophie Kinsella book that I'm writing, but there is no way that it will be the last. Her books inspire me, but for different reasons than the previous books that I have read. I love Sophie because her books aren't that serious, they are a bit of fun that will have you laughing at most pages, and this book is no different.
 
It is based on Poppy Wyatt, a girl who is about to meet her future in-laws for the first time. What could be the worst thing to happen when you're about to meet your fiancé's parents? Losing their priceless engagement ring that has been in their family for generation upon generation! Through her elusive cover stories and meeting Sam Roxton, it's impossible to not love Poppy.
 
What I love the most about Poppy, and most of Sophie's other characters to be honest, is that they are real. The heroines of the stories are never the perfect girls with the good looks, getting all the men. They are the girls that make stupid decisions, the girls that have bad luck and the girls who have to fight for what they want, the girls that most of us can relate to.
 
This book is one of my favourites, purely because the story plot is so simple, yet the different characters expand and you find out more than you ever thought you would, making the book great for a light reading session. It is much more light-hearted than the other books that I have reviewed so, if you're looking for some quick reading, read this!
 
What's good?
The book's range of characters make for interesting reading. It's easy to pick favourites and there is such a variety of characters that you're bound to find one that relates to you. As well as this, Poppy's ditsy personality stops her from seeming like a threat and makes you think of her as a companion.
 
What's bad?
I hate to criticise Sophie Kinsella, but something that I found strange about the book is that, because of the things that Poppy says, as likeable as she is, her character makes her seem slightly unrealistic as she acts like no other person would.
 
Overall
I can't express this enough, I love Sophie Kinsella, she inspires me and I would love to write books just like her in the not too distant future. If you're looking for your next favourite author, look no further, Sophie Kinsella is it, and this book is just another of her greatest works!
 
Sophie Kinsella Recommendation:
I love her books so much that I am going to recommend you another book of hers to read. My recommendation is: The Undomestic Goddess.
 
 
I will be later reviewing this book (I've read it many many times) so follow me to keep up to date with my reviews!
 
Thank you for reading. Please comment below for more books that you wold like me to review for you!
Also comment below if you have read this book, or others like it, and tell me what you think!
 

Comments

Popular Posts

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'