My Top 10 Disney Movies

I Love Disney!

I am a Disney girl at heart, I am completely in love with the idea of writing for Disney or working with Disney in some way, and am hoping that I can make this a reality one day. Below are my top 10 all time favourite Disney movies:


10. The Lion King




This movie is a complete classic. The story has been passed down through generations and I don't think I know anyone who hasn't seen this movie. It focuses around lion cub Simba and his family and friends. What I love about it is that it teaches family values and that the only people who control how we grow up, are us. It is a great family film that may even cause you to shed a few tears.


9. Monster's Inc.


This movie, for me, has one of the best plot ideas of most Disney movies make before and after it. It is about monsters, who scare children as a job. However, the twist is that, although the children are scared of monsters, when they accidently allow a child into their world, we see that the monsters are actually scared of children. Particularly the gorgeous toddler 'Boo'. I love this film because it shows us that things are not always how they seem in reality and we should not assume things that we don't know to be true. But other than this, it is hilarious and the relationship between Mike and Sulley is one that warms the hearts of the viewers.


8. Toy Story




Toy Story 1, 2 and 3 are some of the best movies of our generation. Again with an amazing plot, the toys that we all used to play with were alive. The films show the different things that happen to the toys and make us identify with them as real people rather than just as inanimate objects. I love the idea that something as simple as a childhood toy could pave the way for this amazing trilogy. Not only are these films a family favourite, but the third film may even cause you to shed more than a few tears.


7. Tangled




The well known story of the girl with super-long hair that is locked in a tower has taken on a new meaning with this film. Meet Rapunzel, one of the feistiest princesses in Disney history with a knack for using a frying pan. After being kept in a tower for 16 years, she decides that she wants to venture outside, against her mother's wishes, with hilarious consequences. This film teaches us that it's not always the boys who save the day, but that us girls can use their help from time to time.

6. Aladdin


Aladdin is one of the films that I watch whenever I get a chance. With classic songs such as 'A Whole New World' this film is great. Aladdin and princess Jasmine are one of the fictional couples that a lot of young girls aspire to be in when they're older. The addition of Robin Williams as the voice of the Genie is a hilarious bonus to the film and even the presence of evil villain Jafar cannot  dampen your spirits when watching this film.

5. Mulan



I watched Mulan for the first time about 2 weeks ago and I fell in love with it instantly. Heroine Mulan is a great protagonist and the fact that the film features her being just as tough (or even tougher) than the boys shows us that girls are capable of looking after themselves. This is another film that teaches us about family values and shows us how important it is to know how much our loved ones mean to us.

4. The Little Mermaid


Ariel is one of my favourite Disney characters. The songs that  are amazing, with classics such as 'Part of your World' and 'Kiss The Girls' this is a movie that you will have to buy the soundtrack for! Ariel only wants one thing, to be a human. Making a deal with Ursula the octopus, she must decide which she values more, family or love. A great film that makes you consider what you would do in her situation.

3. Frozen


I have already reviewed Frozen in a previous post. The thing that I love the most about this film is the music. Songs such as 'Let it Go' and 'For the first time in forever' have kept me singing them long after the film has finished, keeping them stuck in my head. The main characters, sisters, Elsa and Anna are amazing and their relationship, although rocky at the beginning, makes us all want to have a sibling relationship like theirs, or to cherish the sibling relationships that we do have.

2. The Incredibles



I think that this film fully deserved the second spot on this countdown. This is because, the funny scenes mixed with the family virtues and the super powers makes me not able to stop watching it. I love the fact that each character has their own powers and their own individual personality traits, no different to a real family. I love the fact that the film is about superheroes who are trying to hide their powers, not because they are scared of being caught, but because society frowns upon them and they are causing more trouble than good. This film is a great way to spend a couple of hours, I could watch it over and over again, and I will be waiting with bated breath for hints of a sequel! 

1. Tarzan


Otherwise known as my guilty pleasure, Tarzan is a film that fills me with joy at each moment. Again with a very interesting storyline, it features a man being raised by monkeys. He has always known that he is different, but doesn't know how. That is, until he stumbled upon Jane and her father, who teach him to speak English and show him the life that he has missed out on, the life as a human. Phil Collins plays a big part in this film, with his music such as 'Two Worlds', 'Strangers Like Me' and 'Son of Man' to create an amazing soundtrack, there is not much at all that could be wrong with a film like this.

Thank you for reading my top 10 Disney Films!
Comment below and let me know what your top 10 are!



 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. My top 10 are most of the one's in the list. However, I would replace a few with Snow White, Princess and the Frog, and Dumbo. I love them. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'