My Top 10 Songs Right Now

What are your top 10?

I was wondering what to do for tonight's post, so I was looking through my previous posts and I realised that I haven't done a 'My Top 10...' post in forever, since my Disney Movies, so I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to do one.

Below are my favourite songs of the moment. Some are older than others but they are all on repeat on my phone as I am writing this!

10. Love Is On The Radio - McFly



I've mentioned this before but I am a huge fan of McFly! After waiting for a long period of time, without hearing any of their music, they finally released a new single and I fell in love with it. My favourite line has to be: "We could be married, like Mrs and Mr. We'll have a son and we'll give him a sister" purely because every time I hear it, I immediately think of Tom Fletcher and his wife Giovanna, who I completely love to pieces. They've recently had a baby, called Buzz and it's hard not to see how in love they are. I'm sure that this song means much more to Gi than it does to me, but I love it all the same.

9. Warrior - Demi Lovato



Demi is another person that I am a huge fan of. Her music completely touches me and this song is no different. It talks about her being a warrior because of what she has been through, and that she's 'stronger than she's ever been'. I know her story and it makes me so happy that she has reached a place in her life where she can be honest with herself and believe that she can get through anything. My favourite line is: "I'm a warrior, now I've got thicker skin" because it reminds me that the little things don't mean that much when you focus on yourself, rather than the people around you.

8. Human - Christina Perri



Ever since she sang 'A Thousand Years' (My future wedding song) I have been a massive fan, and this song has only strengthened my love for her. It talks about making mistakes, and the fact that this is ok because we are all human. This means a lot to me as I am a strong believer that we should not have regrets. Our mistakes help us to learn better for next time, but we shouldn't wish that they've never happened. My favourite line is: "I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh, I can dance and play the part, If that's what you ask, Give you all I am" because it shows that it is easy for anyone to play a part, but we can't be expected to be perfect, because we're only human.

7. Story Of My Life - One Direction



I have not always been the biggest fan of One Direction. I have never disliked them, but I never really followed when everyone became obsessed with them. Having said this, I can't deny the fact that some of their songs are really nice, such as this one. The video is touching as it shows the band with their families and it shows the way that they've grown up over the years of being in the band. My favourite line is: "She told me in the morning she don't feel the same about us in her bones
Seems to me that when I die these words will be written on my stone" because it shows their vulnerability. They've been turned down so many times that now this is all they come to expect.

6. Can We Dance - The Vamps




My best friend is completely obsessed with The Vamps. She literally can't stop talking about them. In the beginning, I wasn't that keen on them. Then I heard this song. To be honest, I'm still not 100% keen on them, but I can't stop listening to this song! I love the fact that it is something fun to listen to that can be playing in the background and I love the rhythm, and the fact that anyone can sing along. My favourite line is: "I was nearly in, but then came the pushy friend, Killed the vibe and took my perfect ten away. You know I need you, girl, My heart's not made for someone else" because it is a fun lyric but you know that this could happen to anyone, and that the band don't take themselves too seriously.
 

5. Roar - Katy Perry

 
 
I love this song now and I will probably love this song for a long time. I don't know what it is, but something about this song immediately makes me want to start singing along. I've not always been the biggest fan of Katy Perry, and I don't know who wrote this song, but it has made me take more of a liking to her, because it showed that she is talented and works hard for what she has. My favourite line is: "I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath, Scared to rock the boat and make a mess, So I sat quietly, agreed politely" purely because it reminds me so much of me. I'm trying to train myself to not be passive. However, from the response (on twitter and the Hopeful Forum) from my 'Introvert' post a few weeks ago, a lot of people have the same problem that  do with passiveness, and this song teaches us that it's ok to let go of that, to have a voice.
 

4. Let it go - Idina Menzel

Forgetting my obsession with 'Frozen', this song had a great meaning and has become one of my favourite songs to listen to. It tells us that eventually, the little things in life mean nothing, and we need to learn to let them go before they completely consume us. My favourite line is: "It’s funny how some distance, Makes everything seem small, And the fears that once controlled me, Can’t get to me at all" because it shows that we shouldn't live our lives in fear, which is something that means a lot to me as I believe that sometimes I do live life with too many worries, and I do need to learn to 'let it go'.
 

3. We Own The Night - The Wanted

 
As the break-up of The Wanted came this week, I have been reminiscing by listening to their songs a lot. I wanted to talk about this one because it always meant a lot to me and listening to it on repeat this week made me forget how much I actually loved it. My favourite line is: "This man was a hero, a hero of the night. When he was at a party, the party never died." because it is what everyone wants, to be remembered for something. People do crazy things so that, when they eventually move on, they have made the best memories possible, but we all have people around us who will remember us for something.
 

2. Pretty Hurts - Beyoncé

 
If you're up to date with my recent posts, you would've seen me talk about this song yesterday. It talks about the fact that being pretty is not all you need in life, and that perfection is an illusion, it is not real, but everyone believes that it is. My favourite line is: "Perfection is a disease of a nation, pretty hurts, pretty hurts. Pretty hurts, we shine the light on whatever's worst" because it reflects the fact that society tells us that we should be perfect, but this will never happen, because we should focus on what makes us great, rather than what doesn't make us perfect.
 

1. All Of Me - John Legend

 

The word 'Love' is not enough to describe how I feel about this song. I think John Legend is completely amazing and this song just shows some of the power and talent that he has within him. My favourite line is the line in the above picture. This is because it shows that he is finding different ways to describe the love for the person that he is writing about (I assume his wife). And, to be honest, if someone wrote a song like this about/for me, I would be marrying them. Especially if that had the talent that John has!
 
 
 Thank you for reading, it has been fun re-listening to these songs to find what my favourite lyrics are.
Comment below what you're favourite songs are right now, and if you agree with mine!

 




Comments

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List