The Terminator | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

This must have been a re-watch, but I had little to no memory of ever properly watching it before, so it felt like a first time viewing.

I've not really been a huge fan of the Terminator movies. I know the second one is highly regarded, and I've seen it a few times, but I could never say I really liked it. And with this first one, I can't even remember seeing it, let alone liking it.

So it was a complete surprise to me that, not only did I like the film, I loved it!

I feel like I missed a trick not seeing this one earlier, because how did I not know this film was so good??

I loved everything. The writing and direction were great. And especially for the time, the effects were done really really well.

The acting was obviously great. Everyone knows these films as Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, so I thought he would be the best thing about the movie. But the relationship between Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese was what got me hooked and kept me invested.

I've since re-watched the second film, and also loved it, so I'm glad I got to give them both another chance. Though, unpopular opinion, while the second one probably has better effects and a better overall story, I think I like the first one more. There's just something about it that stuck with me in a way the second one didn't.

But overall, I loved this movie, and it definitely deserves its place on this classics list!



Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Instigators | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review