Música | Film Review

Rudy (Rudy Mancuso), a creator with synaesthesia navigates the pressures of love and family while facing an uncertain future.

I'd heard a lot of great things about this movie before I saw it, so I went in with really high expectations!

And while I liked the film, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

The idea was interesting and unique, and it had a lot of potential.

I really liked watching the characters, but I never felt totally invested in them. I never really got to know the characters outside of Rudy, and I thought they could have been developed a bit more.

But in saying that, my favourite thing about the characters was the chemistry. Rudy and Isabella (Camila Mendes) had really great, believable chemistry. It was fun watching them together.

In fact, I liked the supporting characters a lot more than I liked Rudy. I didn't always know what to make of him, and there were definitely times when I felt like he didn't deserve to be with either of his love interests!

One of the things about the film that threw me off was that I was expecting it to be more of a traditional musical, and it wasn't. But the way it was done came from Rudy's thoughts and the way his mind worked. So while it wasn't traditional, the musical element was original and thought-provoking.

I found the tone a bit odd in places. It had funny moments but wasn't a comedy, didn't always feel dramatic enough to be a drama or romantic enough to be a romance, it was kind of a mixed bag.

Overall, I liked this film, but I didn't love it. I'd recommend it, but I don't know if I'd necessarily watch it again - it's a weird one for me!

6/10

Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Instigators | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review