Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

This was a first-time watch, and I had no idea what it was about.

It was a bit surprising to me that there weren't a lot of comedies on the Bucket List, but then thinking about it more, comedies, romances and horrors are probably the least-valued genres in terms of critical acclaim, which is really unfortunate because there are some incredible movies in those categories.

But because of that, I was really happy to see a comedy on the list, especially one that's widely known as being 'one of the 10 funniest movies ever made' according to the Paramount Plus description. So I had somewhat high hopes for it!

I enjoyed the movie a lot. 

The film was released in 1980, and while the humour works for that time period, I really believe it works for a modern audience too.

The writing was great, but the acting is what makes the film stand out. You can tell the actors didn't take themselves too seriously, went in to have fun and all delivered such great performances.

It's a parody of a disaster movie, and I can't remember the last time I saw a really good parody, but they're one of the best genres of comedy, so I'd love to see more!

Of all the movies on the Bucket List, this is one of a few that is just pure fun, strictly entertainment. And for that alone, it's definitely worth a watch!

Comments

Popular Posts

Office Space | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #128: The Dream Home by T. M. Logan

Strange Way of Life | Short Film Review

12 Angry Men | 100 Movies Bucket List

Imaginary | Film Review