Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Looking for a fresh start, Jamie (Margaret Qualley) and Marian (Geraldine Viswanathan) take a road trip, unaware that their rented car contains an important package that a group of criminals will do anything to find.

I remember seeing the trailer for this film a couple of months ago at the cinema, and while I wasn't itching to see it, it looked light and fun, so it was definitely on my radar.

I loved this movie! It was so much better than I was expecting it to be!

For a start, I loved the characters from their first seconds on screen. The main actresses have great chemistry and it's so fun watching them together.

Not only did I enjoy the acting and the way the characters were written, but the dialogue was brilliant. You really enjoy just watching these people interact regardless of the situation they're in.

A lot of the cast was unexpected, and I loved that. Other than the main characters (and one who's in the trailer), I didn't really know who was in the film, so there were some fun surprises!

The film is reminiscent of a lot of older, raunchy comedies that I haven't seen in a long time, and that made me feel really nostalgic.

I was engaged the whole way through. Even when the plot got sillier and sillier, I was there for the ride the whole way through.

My only gripe is that I wish they hadn't changed the original title! I can probably guess why they had to change it, but I loved it, and love that they still kept it in the film in some way.

Overall, I didn't realise how much I missed underground little comedies until I watched this. Please let's bring them back, because I absolutely loved this one!

8/10

Comments

Popular Posts

Office Space | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #128: The Dream Home by T. M. Logan

Strange Way of Life | Short Film Review

Imaginary | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'