12 Angry Men | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

This was a re-watch - one I was really excited for!

I'd only seen the film once or twice years and years ago and always really liked it. I'd also seen the Family Guy parody countless times so I was always really familiar with it.

So it wasn't a surprise at all that this is an amazing movie.

I want to particularly highlight the writing, which is phenomenal. I actually think that this is probably the best written film I've ever seen.

All of the characters have distinct personalities, the major plot points are teased out really well and each line of dialogue is obviously incredibly well thought-out.

Speaking of the characters, the way their true feelings come out, one by one, slowly and carefully, was extraordinary. Just like everything else about the film, you can easily see how much thought went into every little thing.

I also loved that the idea is seemingly such a simple one. Any other 12 jurors and there isn't really a story at all. Everything had to work together perfectly to make the film as amazing as it is.

I say this a lot but this is one of the best movies I've watched for the Bucket List so far. If you haven't seen this film (specifically the 1957 version) watch it!



Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Instigators | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review