5 Books You Need To Read!

 

As you probably already know, I love books.

I’m a complete bookworm and I just love to sit and read for as long as I can.

But I haven’t reviewed a book in a really long time (Mainly because I’m still trying to get through ‘gone girl’!), so I thought that I would just recommend some books to you that I think you guys should read.

This post will probably happen multiple times as I remember old books or read new ones, so these are 5 that I’m loving at this current moment in time.

They are also in no particular order because I’m not saying that one is better than the other, I’m just saying that they’re all amazing!

Me Before You

 
I’ve spoken about this book so many times, but one of the main reasons that I’m recommending it now is because it kind of just changes your perspective on life. Well, it did for me. In the same way that ‘My Sister’s Keeper’ makes people evaluate their lives and realise how lucky they are, this kind of does the same thing. It makes you value your life because you’re in a better position than Will physically, but also a better position that Lou mentally. I mean, to have to make the decision that she makes must be so horrible and gruelling. But it also makes you think about what decision you’d make in the same situation. Overall, an amazing read!

The Future Of Us
 

This is a book that I don’t think I’ve mentioned. Basically, it’s about a boy and a girl who used to be best friends but have since become distant. Anyway, it’s set in 1996, and as they are getting their very first computers, they come across a website that they have never seen or heard of. This is because, that website is not supposed to exist. These two teenagers have stumbled upon their facebook accounts 15 years into the future!

I mean, if the plot isn’t compelling, what is? I’m not really one for stories like this, preferring to focus on romance, but the plot completely drew me in to the point where I was using any excuse to finish reading the book. The fact that it is written by two authors was just amazing because you could completely see the difference in their writing skills and the way that the characters developed throughout the novel. If you haven’t read this, read it!

Boys Don’t Cry
 
Now, I never normally say this, but this book is one of three books that are currently battling for my favourite books in the entire world! I don’t like to play favourites with my books, but it is one of the best books that I have ever read! I don’t want to give too much background because it’s so easy to give everything away, but the book is about a boy called Dante, who finds out in an unconventional way that he is a father. That’s all I want to say right now because I’ve reviewed it already. However, this book just had a really weird effect on me. It really made me think about my own life and what I would do in his situation. I would honestly recommend this book to everyone!

Divergent
 
This is one that I have been recommending for a long time! I read this book over a year ago and I am still so in love with it! Even if you don’t really read books like this, I would say to give it a chance because I don’t really read books like this either, but I fell in love with this book and I cannot wait to re-read it again and again. For me, I just loved the development of all of the characters and the mystery that came with the story. There is no way to predict what will happen and that’s the best thing about a book like this!

Gone Girl
 
Ok, so I’m only half way through, but so far, I am loving this book so much. There is just so much tension in it and you can tell while reading it that something bad is about to happen, which for a thriller, is a really good thing! I can only half-recommend it because I haven’t finished it yet, but the parts that I have read, I am completely recommending!

So those were the 5 books that I think you all should read!

Thank you for reading

Comment below some of your own recommendations!

Keep Smiling – Lou xx

Comments

  1. Great post! The Future of Us sounds really good, I'll definitely be reading that x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of these books! But I've heard a lot of good reviews for Gone Girl and The Future Of Us, I need to move them to the top of 'to read' list!

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Gone Girl is going to be really good. The Future Of Us definitely is! xx

      Delete
  3. Omg now I really want to read The Future of Us! Love this and I think I might do a post similar to this!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me before You has been on my to read list for a while now and The Future of Us has now been added to it. Can't wait to start reading these. I love Malorie Blackman x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love This post! I think i am going to have to check out a few of these books especially The Future of Us as it is set the year i was born!

    Just Another Girl xxx
    http://heyjustanothergirlonline.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'