Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

Next up for the Bucket List was another first-time watch!

I'd seen the original 1932 film years ago and really liked it, but I never got around to watching this (undoubtedly more popular) version, so I'm glad it was on the list.

I really really liked this movie. I'm not sure if I like it more than, or the same as the original, but I definitely had a great time with it.

One thing about finally seeing all these classic movies is seeing how much impact they've had on pop culture, and this film is definitely no exception. It's so quotable, there are so many iconic images, and it's one that everyone should watch if they haven't seen it before.

The most talked-about aspect of this film is probably the violence, and that's so interesting to see. Not only the way it's spoken about, but also the difference between violence in older films like this and newer releases.

I personally thought the violence was done well, and while probably not all of it was strictly necessary, it added a lot to the film and is clearly in there for a reason.

So overall, I loved the film, I'm really glad it was on the list and this definitely won't be the last time I watch it!



Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Anyone But You | Film Review