The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

This was a first-time watch, but one that had been on my list for years, so I'm glad the Bucket List forced me to finally watch it!

What a movie!

I don't really know what I was expecting, but I didn't expect to be as affected by it as I was.

Because this film really touched me. I was emotionally invested, engaged, immersed, devastated, broken and everything in between. I'm still not over it.

There are so many things to praise about this movie, starting with the performances. Every actor was amazing in their respective role, but the two clear standouts are Michael Clarke Duncan and Tom Hanks. I've seen quite a few Tom Hanks movies, and I can honestly say that this is the first time I've completely loved a performance of his, he was amazing in this role. And Michael Clarke Duncan was phenomenal and completely made the film what it is.

Then there's the writing and direction, both of which were incredible. The story is so powerful, which is due to, what I assume is an amazing book written by Stephen King, and the way this was adapted and directed made for an incredible movie.

This is a classic for a reason, it's incredible, one of the best I've seen so far, and I'd recommend it to absolutely anybody. Especially if you're in the mood for a good cry!



Comments

Popular Posts

Madame Web | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Baby Reindeer | TV Show Review

Imaginary | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List